Your right of access to the data
You have the right to know at any time from BASE whether or not we are processing your personal data, and, if we are processing your data, to view that data and receive additional information about:
- the processing goals;
- the categories of the personal data involved;
- the recipients or categories of recipients (in particular recipients in third countries);
- if possible, the retention period or, if this is not possible, the criteria for the determination of this period;
- the existence of your privacy rights;
- the right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority;
- the information that we have about the source of the data if we obtain the personal data from a third party; and
- the existence of automated decision-making.
You also have the right to receive a free copy of the processed data in an understandable form. BASE may request a reasonable compensation to cover its administrative costs for any additional copy that you ask for.
Your right to the correction of personal data
You have the right to immediately have incomplete, incorrect, inappropriate or outdated data corrected.
In order to keep your data up-to-date, we in any case ask you to notify us of any changes, such as a move, a change of email address or the renewal of your identity card.
Your right to erasure ("right to be forgotten")
You have the right to have your personal data deleted without unreasonable delay in the following cases:
- your personal data is not longer necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or otherwise processed by BASE;
- you withdraw your prior consent to the processing, and there is no other legal basis BASE can invoke for the (further) processing;
- you object to the processing of your personal data and there are no more weighty, legitimate reasons for the (further) processing by BASE;
- your personal data is processed in an unlawful manner;
- your personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation;
- your personal data was collected when you were still underage.
Please note that we are not always able to comply with the request to delete all the personal data, for example when its processing is necessary for the lodging, exercising or substantiation of a legal claim, or because we are obliged to retain data on the mobile phone traffic of our customers for 12 months, as required by the judicial authorities and the State Security. We will provide you with more details on this in our reply to your request.
Your right to the restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data if one of the following aspects applies:
- you dispute the accuracy of this personal data: the use will be restricted for a period that will enable BASE to verify the correctness of the data;
- your personal data is processed in an unlawful manner: instead of the deletion of your data, you request the restriction of its use;
- BASE no longer needs your data for the original processing purposes, but you require it for the lodging, exercising or substantiation of a legal claim: instead of the deletion of your data, its use is restricted to the lodging, exercising or substantiation of the legal claim;
- as long as no decision has been reached regarding the exercising of your right to oppose the processing, you request the restriction of the use of your personal data.
Your right to transferability of personal data ("data portability")
You have the right to "recover" your personal data, for example, in order to change your service provider more easily. This is only possible for the personal data you yourself have provided to BASE, based on consent or after agreement. In all other cases you will not be able to exercise this right (for example, if the processing of your data takes place on the basis of a legal obligation).
This right involves 2 aspects:
- you may ask BASE to return the personal data concerned to you in a structured, standard and machine-readable form; and
- you may ask BASE to directly transfer the personal data to another data controller. You will thereby be responsible for the correctness and security of the (email) address that you provide for the transfer. BASE has the right to refuse this if the transfer is not possible from a technical point of view.
Your right to oppose the processing of your personal data
You have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data on the basis of your special situation if the processing takes place in the context of a legitimate interest of BASE, or in the context of the general interest. BASE will discontinue the processing of your personal data unless BASE can demonstrate compelling and legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your reasons, or if the processing of the personal data relates to the lodging, exercising or substantiation of a legal claim (for example, the filing of a request at a court).